Congratulations to the Community Club and Skating Club!
December 15, 2018
The Oakville Community Club and Skating Club were awarded an $18,000 grant from the Hextall Fund, making them by far the largest recipient in the RM for 2018. This money will be put towards the arena’s new light upgrades.
From the Hextall Fund committee: “The Hextall Fund was established in honour of Hockey Hall of Famer, Brian Hextall and created for the purpose of providing funding to community organizations that promote and sponsor youth oriented sports and recreational programs. A portion of the RM’s share to the Portage Regional Recreation Authority is allocated to the Hextall Recreation Fund each year.”
The conditions of application are:
- FIRST PRIORITY
- Promotions and sponsorship of youth oriented sports and recreational programs, i.e. minor hockey, figure skating, curling, baseball, soccer, sports fields, etc.
- SECOND PRIORITY
- Operation of facilities, halls, rinks, etc., which provide accommodation for youth oriented programs
- THIRD PRIORITY
- Other recreational programs that may be deemed youth oriented
You can read the full (pdf) report HERE.
December 6, 2018
The Engagement Committee would like to apologize that things did not work out as planned [for A Winter’s Night in Oakville]. We have re-booked the hayrides for December 16 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM. Please join us in front of Knox United for an afternoon of fun.
Local Job Opportunities With Simplot
November 30, 2018
November 30, 2018
The holidays are here and so are the fun events! Mark your calendars and take some time to celebrate with your neighbours:
- Santa Breakfast: Dec. 1 from 9:00 – 11:00AM (Community Hall)
- Christmas Farmers’ Market, Dec. 2 from 1:00 – 4:00PM (Community Hall)
- A Winter’s Night in Oakville, Dec. 6 from 6:00 – 8:00PM (Knox United Church)
- Annual Winter Lights Extravaganza, Dec. 6 – 19
- Oakville School Christmas Concert, Dec. 18 at 1:00PM and Dec. 19 at 6:30PM
Manitoba Airshow Beer Gardens a Huge Success!
October 3, 2018
The Manitoba Airshow Beer Gardens was a great success and raised $4000 for the New Hall/Daycare fund. Thank you to all the volunteers that helped at the event!